The assignment was to set a timer for 15 minutes and write a list of everything I am grateful for in my life or that happened in my life this year.
Instructions Straight from
- My husband
- My boys
- My health
- That my grandmother (and last surviving grandparent) is still alive
- For my whole family
- Our Myrtle Beach vacation and all that we did on it
- Watching Alec tackle the most difficult courses at the adventure park
- Getting a "new" to me car
- Having a wonderful Christmas with the family
- Going to the beach so much
- Hiking Mount Monadnock (even if I did complain the whole time!)
- For my house
- Seeing the sunrises and sunsets that are so colorful
- Watching the three bald eagles soaring over the lake
- Taking family kayak trips
- Watching Evan read a chapter book
- Figuring out what was upsetting Evan's stomach
- That Ian's wrist was NOT fractured this summer like we first thought.
- Homeschooling and learning beside my boys
- Going on the science boat trip and learning about marine animals
- Our trip to Beavertail state park
- For new friendships
- To be able to throw my boys some memorable birthday parties
- Hanging out with friends at the lake over 4th of July weekend
- That our cat did not die like we thought he would when he was so sick
- For the memories of Great Wolf Lodge
- Trick or treating with most of my family this year; it was fun to go out together.
- Going to Beardsley zoo
- All the wonderful food we eat
- Being able to take my boys to the movies in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week
- For all the homeschooling families we "click" with and have fun with
- Watching my boys form lasting friendships with kids they met in pre-k!
- Hosting our egg drop
- All our nature walks
- Joining our letter boxing group
- That Evan can ride a bike and we can go on family bike rides now
- Nature and the beauty in the world around us
- That it's the end of Dec. and we have yet to see any real snow
- For the fun day we had at the mall yesterday!
- Watching my boys take turns so nicely with our new video game system
- Hearing my boys helping one another out
- Watching the boys build complicated kits and Lego sets-- you can see them thinking!
- Taking a day trip to Block Island this past summer
- Seeing my boys settle in with books each time we visit Barnes and Noble
- Our trip to Mystic Aquarium
- That when our basement flooded we didn't have to spend money on any repairs!
- That my aunt was able to visit us while we were on vacation
- For my new comfy slippers and boots!
- That leggings and sweaters are all the rage right now; it's such a comfy trend.
- That I finished this list before the timer went off
- That my blog seems to appeal to a wide variety of readers and my work is starting to be recognized.
- For the zoo and museum classes my boys are lucky enough to participate in.
- For our new internet service provider-- it has made a HUGE difference in blogging
- For all the fun arts and crafts projects I get to do with my boys-- and that they'll willingly participate (like these)
- For finally finding our groove in homeschooling; balancing hands on fun and field trips with good books and more traditional schooling subjects.
- For fires in the fireplace
- For takeout on nights I just can't imagine cooking.
Instructions Straight from
Tales From the Motherland
So, if you’d like to join in, here’s how it works: ; . Once you start the timer, start your list. The goal is to write 50 things that make you happy, or 50 thing that you feel grateful for. The idea is to not think too hard; what comes to mind in the time allotted. You may find that if you use numbered mode, and just type what comes to mind, like me you will have enough time for more than 50. When the timer’s done, stop writing. Finish whatever sentence you’re on, but don’t add more. If you haven’t written 50 things, that’s OK. If you have more than 50 things great; you can’t feel too happy or too grateful! Add the photos, links, instructions, etc after you finish the list––the timer doesn’t matter for getting these details down; it applies to the list only. , so that others can find the instructions and join in to.
1) Write your post and publish it () 2) 3) Click on the blue frog at the very bottom of this post. 4) That will take you to another window, where you can past the URL to your post. (folks have trouble with this, but it’s not that hard. 5)Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List.(If you have problems, contact Dawn and she'll help).
Linking Up With: