With 2015 over and looking forward to 2016, I thought I'd count down the 15 most popular posts of 2015 (not counting our Weekly Wrap- Ups, which always get a lot of page views thanks to linky parties!).
So here is post number 2: (originally posted on July 2)
You Might Be a Homeschooling Mom If...
You might be a homeschooling mom if.....
- You have more books at home than places to put them all and yet you still check out books by the bagful from your local library; after all you can never have too many books.
- You live in your yoga pants.
- You're not sure what grade your kids are in.
- You count trips to Walmart, the dentist, or the Grocery store as field trips.
- Everyone you meet asks you if you're worried about your kids socialization.
- You cringe at how crowded places become during school vacations & look forward to when "they" all go back to school.
- The words "snow day" and "sick day" don't necessarily mean there is no school.
- You get excited over supplies like a printer, a microscope, and maps.
- Your children are just as comfortable talking to adults and young kids as they are to kids their own age.
- Your children enjoy spending time together as a family and even with their own siblings.
- The librarians knows you and all your kids by name & no longer ask to see your card; they have the number memorized.
- Your kids never have homework after school... or the other argument that it's ALL homework.
- Your kids still ask "WHY" no matter how old they are and so Google has become your best friend.
- Your birthday and your kids birthday are school holidays.
- You take "sun" days instead of "snow" days off from school.
- You have maps, posters and/or sight words taped all around the house.
- You send your kids to school half- dressed or in their pajamas.
- You can turn ANYTHING into an opportunity to learn; lessons are everywhere.
- You judge the length of a car ride based on how many CD's of a book on CD you can listen to.
- Your kids tell everyone that they "don't go to school."