Here are a few ways to tell if you're a homeschooling family (just in case you aren't sure if you are or not!):
- When people ask your kids what grade they're in they turn to you in panic asking "What grade am I in?"
- The school uniform often consists of Pj's and slippers.
- You hear "no school today?" every time you go to the store with the kids during school hours.
- You get asked more questions about socialization than you can count on one hand each week.
- Your family vacations are more like field trips.
- You and your kids can turn ANYTHING into a learning lesson. "Mom why can't I watch Pokemon as part of school? It teaches me all about science like how water and earth beat fire."
- None of you like to go on field trips when schools are on break because all the places are crowded and you're just not used to that.
- Your kids have chores and can cook, do laundry and clean the house at very young ages; which you totally count as home economics.
- You enjoy hanging out at the park at noon on a weekday.
- You all count trips to the grocery store, dentist, and amusement park as field trips.
- When people ask the kids where they go to school they say they don't go to school and so you quickly interject and explain all the ways that homeschooling is a valid life choice.
- You local library has an entire shelf and a box set aside for you when you walk in... and then later that afternoon there is another message from the library saying more books that you ordered came in.
- Your children genuinely enjoy learning.
How can people tell you're a homeschooling family?
Linking Up With:
Linking Up With: